Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey, can you all check out this site real quick to make sure it's working?

2K views 30 replies 4 participants last post by  Deathblow 
#1 ·
i think i finally got my server to work! i've spent the last three or four weeks planning this and building a sweet little computer to put it on, so can you all check to see if you can reach the site so i can start working on it some more?

the address is

http://192.168.0.102/

hopefully i'll set it up with a domain name within the next day or two. also, what did you all think about it? i did it with photoshop, golive, dreamweaver, and Abyss Web Server. thanks!

#9 ·
i'm not behind a proxy or anything, i'm am on a home network with three computers however. to my adnowledgement, i've not got a firewall going at the moment, and i've got the winxp one turned off. i'm running through a router, with the internet connection plugged into it, and the rest of the computers are sharing the connection. i am using port 80. and i've no idea if i have port forwarding setup (although i don't think so) and i'm not sure if comcast blocks common server ports or not. thanks angel for helping me!!!

#11 ·
You should be able to find out from Comcast whether or not they block port 80. Not a big deal if they do - ways around it.

As for the router, you will need to setup port forwarding. Basically, you use the configuration to tell it any traffic coming into such-and-such a port, forward it to 192.168.0.102 port 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.