Hey guys... need help again (tear)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

QuikBMWkid

yepp, Alright, well I got my brand spankin new BFG 6800GT OC card about a week ago, its freaking awesome... but I came in from the ATi world and im quite clueless about multiple monitor support with the card (3) Yep.... I can get two monitors to work with it (obviously) BUT .. windows only recognizes it as ONE monitor thats running at 2048x768 resolution.... so basically my problem now is not actually that it recognizes it as one monitor, which is annoying but easy to deal with, but im wondering what that would do to a triple monitor setup... You see, I have 3 very fine LCD monitors sitting in front of me, but only 2 are going. I have a few PCI video cards laying around and im wanting to use one as a second card for a triple monitor, but im not sure how to disable AGP with this 6800GT, let alone im wondering if there would be driver conflicts or confusion once I install the 3rd monitor. Ive googled as many "help support" as I could and got nothing more, so im resorting to you guys... Any suggestions to what I should do?

::For all you ppl that dont like to read a crapload:::

- - My problem is that I have a 6800GT, and dont know how to disable AGP, so I can use a 2nd card ( a PCI card ) I have laying around for a triple monitor setup - -

plz help cause yea i have the equipment here... just not the troubleshooting skills ( driverwise )

Kid,

Why do you want to disable the AGP slot??? Wouldn't you be adding the PCI card in ADDITION to the AGP Vundercard you have now?

What you need to do (and I don't recall how) is to specify which is the priority slot.
Also, I believe that there is more than one way to specify multi-monitor support, which is why you are seeing the realestate defined differently than you expected.

I have not messed with multi-monitor support myself, but have done a little reading on it.

QuikBMWkid

no, i am not trying to disable the AGP slot, just the VGA function on one of the video cards, i think i might get like a PCI 5200 or something, not sure but i guess i will be able to figure it out. but i guess i also still need help, seeing how... and disabling the VGA on a card (one of them) will specify which one will be the main video card (6800GT leik friggun duh) :p

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online