1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hey i need tips on a fujitsu a series

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by truebadger2015, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truebadger2015

truebadger2015 Thread Starter

I i have a Fujitsu lifebook a series AH502 , I was wondering if I could put a i3 or amd8 processor or something similar I want to make this laptop faster and better performance I don't want to spend money on a new laptop so I want to update some of the parts ram/processor etc if a Pentium processor is the best this motherboard can handle can I upgrade the motherboard if so have you any suggestions ? Thanks.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Laptops are very different that desktops. Most are not made to be upgraded other than adding more ram or a larger hard drive, or a SSD. if you are running a 32 bit version of windows the max ram you can use is actually a little less than 4GB If running a 64 bit version of windows you can go to the maximum the laptop allows. After reading the reviews on your lifebook it was not designed as performance laptop. It was design as a budget system.

3. trogdo

trogdo

Is this your laptop? http://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/Notebooks/Fujitsu/Lifebook/AH502/IMG_9837.jpg

According to cpu-upgrade you have an 80% chance of success if upgrading to core i3 3120m. It's not a massive jump in performance, you probably won't notice any difference.

Your money would be better spent on an SSD and another stick of RAM, it's worth the money if buying second hand parts, but that comes with risk of component failure. With what you would spend buying brand new upgrades, you may think that it's worth selling your laptop and buying a better one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148062

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice