1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hhd

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wrong_way, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wrong_way

wrong_way Thread Starter

:mad: i have a quantum fire ball lct 30g . When i install it , it say's that it only has 2g's writeable the rest is all unallocated how can i fix this ? i've done did everything thing that i know fdisk, drive manger, to earse the hhd.
    HELP

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It sounds like it's formatted FAT16, which has a 2gig limit. You need to repartition and format it FAT32, then you can use the full amount.

3. Whitestar

Whitestar

I think FAT32 has an 8G limit. I have this problem when my 40g is FAT32.

Best thing is to find a program like Partition Magic and use that.

4. GwizJoe

GwizJoe

I just recently did a 60gig with FAT32...,took 2 shots to get it,but it read correctly after...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice