1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hhheeeellllpppp With Internet Network Stuff

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Yaaya45, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Yaaya45

Yaaya45 Thread Starter

I have a wireless internet connection at my home on windows xp and recently got a laptop so I wanted to connect it to my desktop with a network or lan or something. So I went into my networks and Internet connections and did view networks but it didn't come up with anything. Then I clicked advanced and messed around with it for a while and eventually my internet connection turned into a network connection and now it won't connect to the internet. I tried to repair it and revert it and stuff but it didn't work, and I didn't have system restore enabled so I can't just make it go back to yesterdays configuration. I need a way to delete the connection just make a new one cause if I use the connection wizard and try to creat a new one it just says I already have one and if I right click on the connection it won't let me delete it or repair it. Please reaply promptly because I really need the internet on my computer.

2. XxMattxX

XxMattxX

Just go into your internet properties and make sure you remove all internet connections if you're going to use a LAN. Go into the LAN settings and make sure that Automatically Detect is turned on. Also, make sure your hardware is hooked up to the machine when you fire it up. Try doing all this, restarting your LPT and see what happens. If you created a new network connection, just remove it by deleting it. If the laptop is new and hasn't yet been on that network, you have to turn off the modem for 5 seconds, turn off the laptop, keep everything plugged into each other, then turn the modem on first then the laptop.

Hope this helps

3. Yaaya45

Yaaya45 Thread Starter

The problem isn't with the laptop its with the old comp. I only had one comp. before this laptop so I didn't need a network. I was trying to connect the old comp. to the new laptop so I could transfer files easily and I messed with the wireless internet connection. The problem is i messed up the wireless internet connection so it was a network connection but the old comp. didn't recognize any networks on the new laptop. It won't let me delete the network connecion though.

4. Yaaya45

Yaaya45 Thread Starter

help plz

5. seven

seven

are you running windows 98?

6. Yaaya45

Yaaya45 Thread Starter

I'm running windows xp

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

8. Yaaya45

Yaaya45 Thread Starter

All I had to do is put that windows shouldn't search for the network because the wireless thing I had, had software that searched for it, itself. So I just had to go to the network properties and unclick the use windows to search for the network box, thks fr the help. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271748

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice