1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hi all, looking for some help with a laptop which has me stumped.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ukbuckstop, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ukbuckstop

ukbuckstop Thread Starter

Scenario:

Acer Aspire Timeline 4810T. Black screen, no display, nothing, yet fine when hooked up to external monitor. I have purchased a new screen/inverter, as in this case they come together, and fitted, and still the same prob.

Any ideas what next?

2. managed

managed Allan

You could fit a new video cable, the one that goes from the motherboard to the screen.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Have you tried toggling the display off and on with the Fn keys?

4. ukbuckstop

ukbuckstop Thread Starter

Yes, thanks Elvandil. That don't work. Just get external display.

Managed, yes video cable was something I considered, but I just wondered if it could be a motherboard issue, as I have a Dell 1545 with a similar issue, and it appears it's a fuse on the mainboard which was the problem on the Dell, and required resoldering or replacing, and was starting to think that perhaps it's the same issue here? It's one of them...do I gamble and order a new video cable or just plump for a new mainboard? Soldering fuses requires an expensive bit of kit = more expense :/

Maybe I should invest in one anyway at some point. :) I'll go with the video cable and hope for the best. Will post results when I find out. :) Thanks guys.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1053784