1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by DWreck, Dec 3, 2011.

1. DWreck

DWreck Thread Starter

Well I have been trying to help some people on this site for about 2 days now. It's enjoyable to see friends have there problems fixed. But the only thing is, I can't post on most of the threads! why? But anyway hows your opinion on this site? Is it more of a tech site or fun site, both?

PS: I don't know if this falls under the "Help" category because its not really help but if so then let me know where to put it and I will.

2. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    You can't post in threads in the Virus and other Malware removal forum. The reason is that virus removal is a particularly complex process which is potentially dangerous if done incorrectly. The challenges of dealing with it online through the eyes and hands of someone else are also very different from what you'd be used to if you've cleaned up your own computer or that of a friend or family member. That's why only specially trained individuals are permitted to post in that section, to ensure that the computers are properly cleaned up.

If you would be interested in learning to help with such issues and gaining the Gold Shield that shows you're authorized to do so, refer to this page in our TSG library of knowledge.
    http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Become_Authorized_for_Malware_Removal

The only other threads that you'd be unable to respond to are those which have been closed. This may occur because the thread itself broke one of the site rules (such as asking for assistance in breaking somebody's password) and a moderator closed it. Alternatively it may occur because there have been no responses for so long (1 and a half months) that it's assumed everyone's gone and forgotten about it. If you have something strikingly important to add, you can ask a moderator (via the report button) to open it again. However in general you're better off finding other questions you can help with.

3. DWreck

DWreck Thread Starter

Thank you for all of that info. I think I will do the Malware Removal school or "Boot Camp" so its called.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!