1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hi guys!!!!graphics card prob!!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by sachins, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sachins

sachins Thread Starter

Hello fellow users.....
    I had posted earlier but not much improvement.......
    Whenver i play simple games such as rome total war or san andreas .....jagged edges r there everywhere...
    I ve a geforce 8400gs with 2 gigs ram...no AA or AA present doesnt make a difference......
    overclocking is the only way 4 me to paly some gud games like warhead or fear.....but i managed to play Cod mf 2 very well with gud graphics and gud framerates.....wat is the problem......pls Tech suppot guy find me a solution....
    It is quite frusrating tat i cant even play old games without jagged edges...
    Anyone who reads this any idea or a a thought .jst reply......cld help in many ways...
    I ve bin seeking help 4 a lot of time but vacation 4 me and only time 4 2 game....:confused:

2. sachins

sachins Thread Starter

Wat i dont understan is I managed 2 play modrern warfare with gud graphics but all other simple games fail.....:confused:

3. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

First thing I'd try is updating the card's drivers...You never know! :)

Other than that (since you mentioned overclocking the card) I suspect that your card is overheating. Can you check the card's temps via the driver? If not, try GPU Z:

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Also note that overclocking strains the power supply unit of your computer as well. A lesser quality PSU can fail when strained...You get the picture. So, can you post more specific info regarding your PSU? Like wattage, amperage of the +12V rail(s), make and model (check the PSU's manual or check for a sticker on it for this info).

4. Cardboard Box

Cardboard Box

Hi

Sounds like a drivers issue. I once had unupdated graphics drivers and the problems manifested itself in weird ways. I could play some games with no issues and other there would be jagged lines, see through walls and freezing.

Hope it helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920821

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice