1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hi guys ! i need help! please!!!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Thetrixrabbit, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thetrixrabbit

Thetrixrabbit Thread Starter

sup guys, i used ot have a nother account on here but i cant remeber what it was. I need some help for a friend that wants to build there comp into a DVD/Cd doup machine. For starters she is running a AMD x64 dulecore cpu at i think 2.6 ghz, 3 gb ram. She wants to get aSata CD/DVD/Blu Ray Duplicator Controller so it is just a drop and push thing to burn a disk. she has 2 sata connecters and 1 IDE, Her HDD is 250Gb IDE and she has a sata DVD rom. She wants to use the IDE HDD and buy a nother sata controller card to run 2 more drives, for the dvd/cd burners with Pciex1, she wants to have, 1 drive to read Blueray that will burn DVD/Cd and PLAY blueray not burn blueray. and 2 DVD/cd drives to burn 2 disks at once.

with that said, can someone help me with some info, First off does the controller unit use 1 Sata on the mobo or would it need 3 on the the mobo. Will the controller need to be connected to 3 satas on the motherboard, or does the controller connect to 1 and basicly controll the others itself ? it says its a self contained unit with memory cpu all that stuff. Does she need the extra SATA controller or not?:confused:

Second: Would the controller have to have BLUERAY on it since the first drive is a blueray/dvd/cd reader, remeber she only wants it to burn DVD/cd not burn blueray at all. :confused:

i have googled and read but cant get an answer and im very tired right now, if anyone can give me some info ide be very thankfull.:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice