hi i need some really big helpp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ankit

i turned on my computer right and all tha icons on my desktop are some messedup colour like tha icons are like black,yellow,blue,green,red you name a colour and it's there ibarely can see the symbol of my internet explorer and the windows 98 and my recycling bin loll i dont know waht happened and when i double click on my windows 98 icon to get into my programs all the icons are like diffrent colours just like how they are on my desktop i dont know whats going on but i would like someone to help me fix this problem :) tankyou

Can you please post a screen shot? You can use Print Screen button on your keyboard to take a screen shot. You can then use MS-Paint, paste it and save it as JPEG.

What the version of Windows?

You can also try to reinstall the display drivers.

Another alternative is to right click on the desktop, click on properties. Check out all the options in Appearance, Effects and Settings tabs.

This could be a real simple problem ! Before you do anything check that your monitor lead is secure at both ends and fully home, a loose or half connected cable can produce some very strange colours on your screen !

Ian

PS maybe I'm an old fuddy duddy but can you type in English or some other recognisable language it makes the reading and deciphering of questions soooo much easier ! :)

Ankit

i cant seem to take a screen shot of my desktop it won't let me i am used a windows 98 version

when you start the comp[uter it's fine but when it gets to the desk top the icons are like messedup it has like diffrent colours on the icon with all these rainbow like colours when you double click on my computer and go into windows 98 all tha icons are messedup as welll with diffrent colour

i odnt know how else to explain it but please if someone can understand what i am saying it would be helpfulll

how do i do that screen shot i pressed the button on my keyboard and still it does nutting

the button reads (Print Screen)
Sys Rq

First, your screen shot:
When you press "print screen" it copies your screen to the clipboard. You can then paste it into any graphics program (MS Paint will do in a pinch)

Next, your icon problem:
A good possibility is a corrupted shelliconcache. Simply do a search for shelliconcache and delete it, then restart Windows...it will be recreated.

Ankit

i can't seem to find the clipboard i looked through my start menu and everything and that shelliconcache i can't seem to find the either i clicked on FIND FILES and i did my search through there but still no luck

can you help me find those to items i'd really appriciate it !!

THANKYOU!

Hi Ankit.

shelliconcache is a hidden file, so before looking for it again do this;

Click on your Start button and goto Settings> Folder Options. Click on the VIEW tab and make sure you have selected the option to Show all files.

You do not need to find the clipboard in order to use printscreen, When you press "print screen" it copies your screen to the clipboard, but then you just open up your paint program, go to Edit on the toolbar and select Paste.

Hope this helps.

Amie

Ankit

by deleting shelliconcache it didn't do anything but i got a picture of my desktop if that helps

Hi Ankit.

Did you reboot your computer after deleting shelliconcache ?

Can you attach a copy of the picture of your desktop to your next post, use the browse button underneath this box to locate it on your computer.

Amie

Ankit

by deleting shelliconcache it didn't do anything i tried to attach my desktop picture to this message but it goes that the file is too bigg how do i minimize the picture so it doesn't take enough bytes so i can send it??

What format are you saving the picture as, eg; bmp or jpg. When you opened the image in your paint program it would have been as a bitmap. Go to the File menu and chose Save As. when the window opens asking where you want to save it to, click on the drop down arrow by Save as type next to where it says bitmap and scroll down to Jpeg and save it as that. If it is still too big, when the picture is open, go to Image on the toolbar and select Stretch/Skew. when that box opens, change the numbers in the Stretch box to 75 for both horizontal and vertical. Click Ok and that will resize it for you.

Amie

Ankit

the picture is still too big it's 567kb is there any other way ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online