1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hi :) Two Questions....

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by catarina, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. catarina

catarina Thread Starter

Hi,
    This is my first post here :)

I have two annoying questions.

1. I created a site and my my flash banner's turning upside down on my IE and not on any one else's computer. Obviously there's something wrong with my IE, but I don't know what the problem nor the solution is. If you can help me I'd surely appreciate it.

2. I am trying to insert a excel document in Frontpage. It won't do it because I'm lacking a path to a certain file. When prompted to insert my XP disk and I do so, it can't find the fife! GRRRRR...*thwack* Okay, is it me, or is this just the way things are gonna go since I've upgraded?

I love XP, but ever since I've upgraded, I've run into some pretty strange problems. The OS itself, for me, is the best bar none; but there's a couple of sticky points that I need some help on.

If you need further details, I'd be happy to supply them to you (whatever it is that you need)....

Thanks! :)

2. Emtronics

Emtronics

Hello catarina, I (we) could use some more info about your problems. What site? Can your post the URL so we may see the banner in question? Does this "flash" banner start turning upside down or does it appear upside down when the site loads?

When trying to import a file from Excel to Frontpage, what is the exact error you are receiving?

Upgrades from Win98 or WinME to XP are sometimes "bumpy" at best. Upgrades rarely, it seems, go well when it comes to XP. A clean install from scratch is best. Like a doctor's office, it is best to supply as much info about your ailment as possible.

3. catarina

catarina Thread Starter

Hi and thanks for your post! That was quick ;)

The url is Cool Katzzzzz ....it appears to happen only on my computer :(

When I try to load the excel file into Frontpage; it states that I must install a converter. Then it states that the path Microsoft XP Professional with Frontpage cannot be found.
    It also states to try to find the installation package from which I can install the product Proplus MSI.

I've looked with no luck...unless you can give me a clue as to where in the world it could be. :confused:

Thanks!

4. tlund_99

tlund_99

Do all the web pages you visit have upsidedown banners.If not then the problem can't be with IE.If the banner is only upsidedown in Frontpage then it must be a setting in Frontpage.

5. catarina

catarina Thread Starter

No, see, the banner's fine in Frontpage...it's on my server when I open the page.

If I don't hit refresh the banner won't flip back over and the page freezes; then gives me the official pop up if I'd like to report it or not! So, I'm constantly having to refresh the page if I wish to continue looking at the following pages. This just happens on my computer.

You must've misunderstood my question. It's the excel I'm having problems loading in my Frontpage.

6. Nick Scott

Nick Scott

The reason that you can't find the file on the XP disk is that FrontPage would have been installed from a MS Office CD. Try finding that and putting it in instead.

7. catarina

catarina Thread Starter

Well, I would if I could, but I've never owned an MS Office CD to install it :confused: I don't get it...I'll try to find out where in the world this FrontPage came from, but I could've sworn it was installed as an XP PRO feature.

Maybe the nice XP Fairy dropped it off and forget a few things... :D

8. Nick Scott

Nick Scott

Did you have Frontpage before you upgraded to XP? If so you would still have it after the upgrade. Was your original OS installed at the factory, as it may have been installed as part of the package of apps the PC was sold with.

Also MS have "given away" various versions of Frontpage as free downloads from the MS site at different times.

9. catarina

catarina Thread Starter

Hi and thanks for the post. Nope, I didn't have it before I upgraded.

I haven't had much time to check around here today, but I will in a little while. If I don't find it; I'm just gonna chuck FronPage anyway...I like NAMO better :) Bummer though, I really needed that; Murphy's Law...ya know? :(

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/88918

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice