hibernate & keyboard problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

altura

Hi,
I'm running Windows XP Home on Hewlett-Packard Pavilion a or d350n Pentium CPU 2.80GHz SP2. Whenever i push the sleep button on my computer to hibernate, it stops at the screen that says Perparing to go into hibernation. It just stays on that screen and nothing happens. Does anyone know why this is happening? It was working not too long ago.
I also lost control over build in shortcut buttons on my keyboard.And yes I use a wireless Micro mouse that at slidest vibration would bring computer out of hibernation, but I now take it to another room and computer still won't hibernate. Any suggestions ?

Go into Power settings and turn off Hybernation it clashes with other settings like screensaver and stand-by. Actually the way around all of this is to turn-off all of them and just turn off the monitor when you are away for short periods of time or long periods of time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online