Hibernate / Standby doesn't work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mr Broly

Hi, whenever i push the sleep button on my computer to hibernate or to go to standby, its stops at the screen that says Perparing to go into standby/ hibernation. It just stays on that screen and nothing happens. Does anyone know why this is happening? It was working like a month ago.

Hi!
In the device manager under the system devices , you can see ACPi fixed Feature button, right click and remove that and restart the computer and then try getting into sleep mode. Lets whether this works

Cheers

Karthik (y)

Mr Broly

K, i scanned for viruses with bitdefender.com and no viruses. No, i have not installed any new hardware on my pc. I also removed the ACPi Fixed Button, but that didnt work either. It still does the same thing :(

Hi, everyone, new to the Forum. Hope to get some help.

I just loaded Media Edition on my computer and neither the hibernate or standby mode work on mine either or the monitor shut down after so many minutes.

I was using a my nephew's unactivated version of Media Edition until mine arrived and was not having this problem. Since loading my copy, these things will not work.

Do you think I need to reload Windows? :eek:

WileECoyoteSG said:
Hi, everyone, new to the Forum. Hope to get some help.

I just loaded Media Edition on my computer and neither the hibernate or standby mode work on mine either or the monitor shut down after so many minutes.

I was using a my nephew's unactivated version of Media Edition until mine arrived and was not having this problem. Since loading my copy, these things will not work.

Do you think I need to reload Windows? :eek:
Hi and welcome to the forum...listen you need to start a post to be fair to the one you just jumped into so we can help them and you.

THIS IS THE NEW THREAD! ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Tech Support Guy > Forums > Operating Systems > Windows NT/2000/XP > Standby not working with Media Edition

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online