1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hibernate/Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by alwrmc, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    I started a thread about my hibernate problems some time back. I received no working solutions and eventually marked it solved out of frustration.
    This problem continues and is VERY annoying.
    When I put my machine into Hibernate, it will invariably come back to life. Sometimes it may take an hour or three or four. Sometimes (like just now) it will return to life within seconds. Just now I put it into hibernate three times and each time it almost immediately came back to life/desktop screen.
    Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for, turning off, removing etc to avoid this problem?
    If there are anymore details that might help, please ask, I'll do what I can to assist in troubleshooting.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    There's probably something new that I have not yet head of, but the only two things I know that awaken a hibernating computer are the power button and Wake On Lan (WOL).

The power "button" is electronic, so I suppose there could be a spurious random signal sent. Don't know how this could be trouble shot unless there is very special equipment.

WOL, in case that's a new term, is a way to send a signal over an ethernet connection to turn the computer on. In Device Manager right click on the ethernet - Properties. On the Power Management tab make sure that "Allow this device to wake the computer" is not selected. On the Advanced tab see if there are any Properties dealing with WOL.

3. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    Thanks for your reply:
    I have turned WOL off and no one is pressing the power button. I have done a lot of internet searching for a solution and I find that a lot of folks seem to be having the same problem with Win8. I did just find a suggestion that I go into BIOS and look for a power on solution there. So I'll be trying that when I exit and restart in the morning.
    If anyone else has a suggestion "I'm listening" (Frasier) :D.

4. george047

george047

chek if hybrid sleep is enabled in power option.if yes then disable it.i think this will help u.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice