Hibernate Won't Work (Enable)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ronbo422

When I tryto enable Hibernate under my power options, and then press the APPLY button, I get a message "Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)". Can anybody help me resolve this issue?
Thank you in advance,
Ron

You hiberfil.sys is prolly corrupt, delete it and then try - HOWEVER, hibernate is very problamatic and you will likely have problems with it.

ronbo422

I did a search for this file and didn't find it. Is this the reason for my problem? That it's not even on my drive? If so, then where might I find it (folder)?

Thanks again,
Ron

Enable show hidden files - Windows Explorer - TOOLS - OPTIONS - VIEW - Show Hidden

But I strongly suggest not using hibernate!

ronbo422

I usually don't use Hibernate, but I do use Standby. Unfortunately, Standby won't work on this laptop either, as of about 6 mos. ago. When I select standby the computer shuts down (I call it dozing off) and then it'll wake right back up about 5 seconds after the HDD shuts down.
Any ideas why this is?

Thanks for your info.
Ron

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online