Hibernate?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

raybro

Just finishing setting up a friends computer after install of a new HDD with XP Home.

My question regards the use of Hibernate oor Standby modes and whether they are dependable. I know there were problems with "Standby" mode in Win9x and wonder if any similar problems exist with XP.

TIA Raybro

I use Standby on my desktop.Probably around 60% of the time it will go into Srtandby in the designated time.The rest of the time I have to do it manually.I have never had a problem bringing it out of standby either way.
On my laptop,when I close the lid,it goes into hibernate,and I have had no problems with that facility.
As I remember,the general opinionat TSG was to just turn the pc off if you are going to be away for a few hours,and just put up with the cold boot wait time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts