Hibernation Changes to Standby for no reason

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cjbtaylor

Hi all

i have my pc set to hibernate when the lid is shut, however it keeps changing to standby and checking the password option when it wakes again.

I know a bit about hibernation but this is a tad odd.

I go to Power options and select advanced and uncheck the password on resume option and select hibernate when the lid is closed and apply so i dont think im doing anything immediately wrong

Any ideas appreciated:confused:

Some XP don't have Hibernate by default. On mine I have to hit
Start>>>Turn off Computer>>>Shift and Standby changes to
Hibernate. Then hit "enter" or "h" and and away she goes.

On our upgraded XP, Hibernate is there by default. From what I read newer XP have "standby".You have to bring up "hibernate"
manually. I hope this helps. And by the way I use hibernate regularly, it's dead handy for re-start. :eek:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online