1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hibernation Changes to Standby for no reason

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cjbtaylor, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjbtaylor

cjbtaylor Thread Starter

Hi all

i have my pc set to hibernate when the lid is shut, however it keeps changing to standby and checking the password option when it wakes again.

I know a bit about hibernation but this is a tad odd.

I go to Power options and select advanced and uncheck the password on resume option and select hibernate when the lid is closed and apply so i dont think im doing anything immediately wrong

Any ideas appreciated:confused:

2. boyoh53

boyoh53

Some XP don't have Hibernate by default. On mine I have to hit
    Start>>>Turn off Computer>>>Shift and Standby changes to
    Hibernate. Then hit "enter" or "h" and and away she goes.

On our upgraded XP, Hibernate is there by default. From what I read newer XP have "standby".You have to bring up "hibernate"
    manually. I hope this helps. And by the way I use hibernate regularly, it's dead handy for re-start. :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice