1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hibernation mode in XP RAID 0

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jamsum, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jamsum

jamsum Thread Starter

I recently built a system twice using XP Pro sp2 one time, and then XP 64 another time, using 2 SATA 120s in RAID 0 configuration. The board is a Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra SLI, using an AMD 64 cpu (3200), 2 gigs of memory, yada yada. The system works fine with either OS, but with one difference- it will go to hibernation mode just fine in XP 64, but it will not do so in XP Pro sp2... Windows gives a message saying something about 'not enough system resources'

I was wondering what I am missing here about XP Pro sp2.

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

A message of Something about is not too good we need the correct error message if you could please. Hybernation is nice but causes too much trouble so actually I turn mine off along with Stand-by and the screen saver basically because they interact with each other I feel.

About the system resources I do not think there is enough system stat's to make a decision or answer on anything yet. Please a little bit of system spec's or stat's on both systems.

3. jamsum

jamsum Thread Starter

Thanks for the response to my earlier post. In trying to come up with a solution, I would like to know how W XP stores data to the hard disk (and where) to enable hibernation mode? Is this a page fiile issue? or a memory address issue? or something I don't have a clue about?

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

WOW I do not really know where to start looking for that kind of information but I did a search on Google for hibernation mode windows xp

http://www.google.com/search?hs=apB...ial&q=hibernation+mode+windows+xp&btnG=Search

This might be a good place to start and also there is the knowledge base at:

http://search.support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

You should be able to find your answer at one of these places.

What you are looking for, you would need a person with the design capabilities for the program.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

XP stores the memory image in the hybernation file, that's why it's the size of your RAM. You'll find it in the root of C: as a hidden, system file.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!