1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hibernation on boot up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bubber, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bubber

Bubber Thread Starter

First off I would like to say that I've read alot of the forums here and like the help people are getting Kodoo's to all of you.
    Heres my problem. I purchased the Nvidia Geforce 5700LE Agp video card and have replaced it twice thinking I got a bad card. Nope thats not it. when I boot my pc it goes into hibernation and if I let it go it will eventually boot to windowsxp pro sometimes not always. Why does it go into hibernation I have that option disabled in windows and in cmos. The video card has 256 megs off ddr ram. My system has 256 megs of I believe sdram ? is there a conflict there? or is it something else? I also noticed when I'm playing a game it flickers
    back and forth from good graphics to like rainbow effect colors. what would cause this to happen the monitor is new as-well like a year old its a mag inovision with a 3d game and dvd button on it which I've also tryed and no luck. has anyone had this same problem? 950 mega hz cpu socket 7 AMD.
    300 watt power supply.

2. norton850

norton850

It sounds like your system is looking for or trying to load something. Can you describe what is happening. Does it boot up and then stop at a certain point? How far does it get?

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Make sure you unistalled all the old video drivers before removing the old card and inserting the new one. You should also update your AGP drivers which are usually part of chipset driver package. And one thing to check is if there are any known BIOS issues or Bios updates that resolve such an issue.

4. Bubber

Bubber Thread Starter

norton850:
    Thanks for the reply on my dilemma.During the boot process it will get to the point where the its coming to the welcome screens and then it goes into hibernation.

Triple6:
    thanks for your reply as well. This is a fresh install of windowsxp pro.
    I used the drivers on the cdrom that came with the video card so for the operating system I'm running. The mother board has its own on board video card which i have turned off. Ive been looking for links and leads to see if there are any BIOS issue with this mother board Amptron Mother board
    K7-810xlm form factor: MicroATX, Chipset SiS 730s, I am sure this is not the best board on the market its everyones opinion or there own choice which is best. I go by the rule that once you buy a stereo or what ever the case maybe
    That it it becomes out dated with in a couple of days cause someone came out with something bigger and better so I don't try to keep up I just try to build with what I have and go from there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275115

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice