hibernation wake up and network dead

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scot.t

running Win2kPro
hi whenever i boot up from a hibernation my connection to the internet is dead i have to reboot for it to work.i am on a LAN and use a DHCP for my internet addy.i always get 2 DHCP error messages in my system logs

Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address 00E02968556E. The IP address being used is 169.254.126.75.

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 00E02968556E. The following error occured:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

is there anyway to fix this?it assigning an address automatically thats wrong and i cant bind an address because i get a new one each time.maybe a service i can disable?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online