1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hidden Cores On Phenom CPUs Can Be Unlocked

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by Mumbodog, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mumbodog

Mumbodog Thread Starter

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/...enom-cores-unlockable-but-not-guaranteed.aspx

This ought to sell a few Motherboards..

2. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

I'm thinking the same. :) Suddenly people with dual-core processors might get triple or quad core processors. Sure, their system might crash every 5 mins but at least they have more cores :D

Peace...

3. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

My mobo can do that. I bought a quad core processor anyway.

After all, the 4 cores only cost a bit more than a 3 core or dual core, and eliminated the crapshoot of whether the individual I purchased could successfully be unlocked.

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

What amazes me is how many people buy the triple core, can't unlock the fourth and mark down the rating of the CPU on Newegg...

Its a gamble, and one that if you take it you had better be willing to not make out with a quad core.

5. tomdkat

Really? That's just nuts! :)

Peace...

6. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

You expect reasonable behavior out of people?

7. tomdkat

Well, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, initially, and give them the chance to prove otherwise. :) LOL

Peace...

8. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Your too kind then... and yes I see it constantly, thats why I never trust the star rating, a mass of idiots can rate a poor product highly (My new $25 800w PSU works GREAT!) and a great product poorly.

9. tomdkat

LOL point taken. :)

Peace...

10. perfume

perfume Banned

" At the moment the core unlocking technology is available on ASUS' M4 series of boards". It's something like "RedBull", which if it works is a big +, and even otherwise dosen't take away the performance! As Tommy Lee Jones says in MIB-1 " A person is rational,intelligent and orderly,but people are panicky,hysterical and are disorderly"(something on those lines).

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!