Hidden network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
The list of available networks displays networks that are in range.
A hidden network is one that the owner has decided not to show the SSID (name). in order to connect to it, you would need to know the SSID and the security key.

dw4769

The list of available networks displays networks that are in range.
A hidden network is one that the owner has decided not to show the SSID (name). in order to connect to it, you would need to know the SSID and the security key.
I am the owner and know both the SSID, and the security key. I am connected to this wifi on my phone but it is hidden on my pc. When i try connecting to it, it says “cannot connect to network”

when you try to connect to the hidden network on your pc,does it give you the option to put in a password?

and when you enter the ssid and the security key,you get the error “cannot connect to network” ? are you sure you are entering the correct ssid and security key?

dw4769

and when you enter the ssid and the security key,you get the error “cannot connect to network” ? are you sure you are entering the correct ssid and security key?
SSID, yes. Security key, not positive. The security key is the password to my internet correct?

it would be the same security key you use on your phone.did you make up the password or use the one that came with your router?

If your connecting to the same router using two different devices,using the same password and ssid,then the computer should connect. If the password is case sensitive,be sure to capitalize...etc

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
And it could be some smart one that just named their network as such and did not really hide it!:sneaky:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online