Hidden or Missing Screen saver tab

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DCJetmech

Just curious, if the screensaver tab is hidden (not visible) is there a way to display it? I only have three tabs instead of four.

Scroll down to line 51 on this site http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and download and run the Screensaver Tab Missing reg file.

To use the Regedits: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

Hello to everybody :)

I read with interest the subject of screen saver tab missing and thought great someone else as had the same problem and a solution of how to fix it, but i did as what it says in the reply by Evile Ye but it still did'nt work i have tried everything possible apart from re-installing my xp home, in display i have Themes, Desktop, Appearances, Settings, i have had a several things happen to my pc such as something called Antivirxp08 which said my pc should be scaned as there is a virus and to install Active x i did and thats where the trouble started i have ran my anti virus software and adaware which comes up with nothing yet, i tried running a screen saver from off my desktop which did actual work for a time till on the screen it said screen saver corrupt and to contact the seller, so back to square one how can i get my screen saver tab back were once upon a time i used to leave my pc on i have to switch it off in fear of my monitor breaking down.
Can anybody else shed some light on my problem please.

Thanks heirless.

I also had the antivirus xp 2008 virus dated 7/11/2008 and it got by older antivirus software.

It took out much of my user interface including the screensaver tab and msconfig capability.

After trying several programs, I used pctools spyware doctor to remove the virus. But it left me the above problem of the missing screensaver tab etc.

The above registry edit program modification (line 51) posted by EvilEye worked like a charm.

Thanks EvilEye.

Evile Ye,
You my friend are a flipping wizard! I can't thank you enough for resolving a long standing issue. I have my screen saver back & I am so happy!

Thank you so much
12ozMouse

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online