Hidden Program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pistol Pete

When I attempt to turn off my computer an "End Program" window appears entitled "Shell Icon Hidden Program". Is this a cause for concern and can i fix it? I cannot find what it relates to. I use Windows XP service pack 2.

blues_harp28

Hi and welcome to TSG.
It is usually associated with Musicmatch Jukebox.
Do you have that installed?

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Wife had the same issue.

go to Start, Run, type MSCONFIG and then hit Enter. Select the last tab to the right, then uncheck MIM.EXE. and restart your computer

Pistol Pete

Yes, i do have this installed. I also recently upgraded to version 10. Do you recommend i uninstall it? I thought it might have had something to do with a "Freedom Hidden Window" which shows up as an application in my task manager at start up but goes away after my anti-virus software loads up.

blues_harp28

Hi Musicmatch Jukebox seems to be stalling at shutdown.
Does it shutdown ok after you click End program.
Freedom Hidden Window..could be linked to Spyware.
Do you have Spyware and Anti-virus programs installed?

Pistol Pete

Yeah, it shuts down okay. Would this occur if i never had Musicmatch Jukebox open?
Yeah, i have both Spyware and Anti-Virus programs installed.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Freedom Hidden Window is unrelated, it is Freedom Internet Security.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online