Solved Hidden USB drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

san4o

Hi! Ordered ChipsBnk 2TB USB drive and when I got it, I started putting files on it, but when I tried to open the files, it showed that it need formatting. I changed from FAT32 to NTFS and uncheked fast format. Unfortunately I had to run and put my laptop on sleep before it ended (but I think it was actually stuck from the beggining anyway). After I got back, I tried to format it, but it did not respond. Took it out and put it back in, and now it shows only as hidden and I can not do anything with it. I can see it in device manager, but uninstalling/disabling/updating does not help. Tried also EaseUS partition master, but it does not see the USB drive, although if I remove it or insert it back while EaseUS is open, then it ask if I want to update disk information. Any ideas?

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
If it's a 2TB Usb stick it's probably a fake, if it's an external Usb hard drive maybe not.

Is it a stick or a drive and how much did you pay for it ?

First Name
Liz
42 ChipsBank USB sticks shown on Alibaba
https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/chipsbank-flash-disk.html
I think this is the largest I've seen
Best selling wooden 1tb usb flash disk wood box
US $1.5-29 / Piece
A wooden encased USB stick in a wooden box, with a size of 1TB for at most $29!!! No way.

https://www.myce.com/news/aware-fake-2tb-usb-sticks-amazon-can-cause-data-loss-83202/
The Kingston DataTraveler 2TB, the only real 2TB usb stick we found on Amazon, sells at $1529,96/$1529.96

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
It's a fake. Post a link to reviews that say it works.

Triple6

First Name
Rob
Most reviews for fake products are just as fake as the products themselves.

Triple6

First Name
Rob
$16 for a 2TB USB stick is dead giveaway it's fake junk regardless of what nay reviews says. These devices simply report a fake size but contain a much smaller size that tends to overwrite itself to seem bigger in some cases.

Here's a video that explains it:

san4o

Ok, thanks guys, so I was just scamed and did not ruin it myself :D As the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true, then it is

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online