Hide Bookmarks in Firefox 2.0 and IE 6.0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ken278

Is it possible to hide the bookmarks in these two browsers.
If not, any other suggestions how to do this besides copying them to a disk.
Thanks

throoper

Trusted Advisor (deceased)
Do you want to remove Bookmarks from the menu toolbar?:confused: You can do it in Firefox. Not sure with IE.
T.:)

I want to make my bookmarks in Firefox not as accessible to keep nosy people from seeing them so easily

throoper

Trusted Advisor (deceased)
blh102444 said:
I want to make my bookmarks in Firefox not as accessible to keep nosy people from seeing them so easily
Three things come to mind.

Set up a password protected User Account and log off if you are going to be away from the computer. This will deny any one but you or an administrator access to your browser.

Hide the Bookmarks you don't want seen in plain sight by giving them custom icons and renaming them so only you know what they are without clicking on them. They can also be put a couple layers deep in subfolders so you have to know where they are to find them easily. This will stop casual nosiness.

Don't store the Bookmarks in the browser. Move the Bookmarks.HTML from the Profile folder to a different folder and use that to open links. This is for the truly paranoid. You have to put it back in the Profile folder to add links to it but it can't be accessed thru the browser.
T.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online