1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hideous Virus from Hell!!!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by sbutler, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbutler

sbutler Thread Starter

I've been applying for new jobs lately and I keep getting thousands upon thousands of junk emails offering scam jobs etc and I think one of these has infected my laptop, I tried to system restore but it kept coming up with an error message saying "System restore was turned off by group policy to turn system restore on please contact domain administrator" so then I tried the registry thing and again it said it had been turned off, and then I tried running it in safe mode but when I restarted it, it then would not bring my profile up and just keeps saying "Other User" and asking for a user name and password, and of course there is no other user, I have tried running it in every single mode and nothing is working, I already have my hard drive backed up externally, so I'd be happy to wipe it clean and start again, as the laptop was a present from my Dad just before he passed away and I don't want to lose it. How do I fix this? How do I wipe it clean and start again? Please help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice