Hiding CD Drive on My Computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kevinj888

Hi, I would like to hide this CD Drive from my Computer or at least change it to a different letter.

1607142330766.png

Technically, I have no CD Drive installed on my PC, but somehow it just shows up.

I have tried to go to Disk Management and couldn't find the CD/DVD drive. So does in Device Manager.

Please help. Thank you.

Right click on MY PC, choose Manage, Disk Mangement (on the left) then you can click on each drive and right click Change 'Drive Letter.

kevinj888

Right click on MY PC, choose Manage, Disk Mangement (on the left) then you can click on each drive and right click Change 'Drive Letter.
Hi lunarlander,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried this, but there is no CD/DVD drive on the list.

1607179366402.png
Any alternative?

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you right-click on the drive in Explorer and select Properties, then Hardware. what is highlighted? Mine shows the drive's model #. All the other drives in the system show up as well, but the highlighted drive is the one in question.

1607181331865.png

Hi lunarlander,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried this, but there is no CD/DVD drive on the list.

View attachment 283061
Any alternative?
You're only showing volumes in Disk Management, need to show disks to see an empty CD drive.

Click View, then under Bottom, select Graphical View or Disk list. Or under Top, select Disk List.

Last edited:

plodr

Liz
The virtual CD you have is part of the Samsung Evo 840 ssd. Remove the ssd and the virtual CD will disappear.

managed

Allan
The virtual CD you have is part of the Samsung Evo 840 ssd. Remove the ssd and the virtual CD will disappear.
Are you sure Liz ? I've never seen anything like that before.

kevinj888

Hi Everybody,

Really appreciate everyone pitching in their ideas.
Thanks to @zebanovich, it is apparently a virtual drive from PowerISO.

I have disabled it and no longer shown on the My PC.

Thank you.

This seems to be virtual CD drive, made by software such as PowerISO.
To mange this drive you'll need to use which ever software made it.

You can add more drives or remove them all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts