Hiding Desktop Icons In Windows XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jkskinsfan

1) Right-click a blank area of your desktop.
2) Point to "Arrange Icons By" in the pop-up menu.
3) In the secondary menu, click the "Show Desktop Icons" option
to remove the checkmark.

That's it! No more icons. To restore them just run the drill
again to put the checkmark back next to "Show Desktop Icons"
and all of your shortcut icons will be back again.

jkskinsfan

You might have a breathtaking picture as your Wallpaper, and all of those Icons would obscure the beauty of it.

Hahahahaha, good answer. And a good tip. Thanks!
(setting up breathtaking wallpaper....)

:D

Good answer.

Welcome to TSG.

Alan

EDIT: Sorry, you've been here a while, my bad.

Kenny94

Banned
When I arrange my Icons, they get mad... :mad: .... :D

So,,,, I leave them alone... :eek: Good tip... (y)

I use the bblean for windows, a shell replacement. It doesn't even let you have icons on your desktop in the first place!

lol, a freebie that you pay 15 dollars for.

And kenny, I have seen that icon war movie and it's pretty funny.

buf

I won't argue with what you are posting. I did not read the "offering" but was just relying on what I have been using for 2-3 years, which is free. I assumed it still was.
Sorry for mis-directing you. It is an easy to use program and when activated by the user, a pair of "eye balls" sit in the Sys Tray and the desktop icons go away. Click on the eyes and the icons are back!! Again, I am sorry for the false alarm. Don't think it is worth the $15 unless something more in now included in the software/

The good freebies always end up costing. That's why I'm more diligent about updating the good freeware than the payware so that I'll get the last of the free ones.

But take a look at the ones I mentioned above. They are still free and similar.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online