hiding info from other accounts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

russellian

How can I stop the guest account from being able to view the files in the Documents and Settings folder of the administrator?

Is the issue the following:

You sharing the document & setting folders over the network and the Guest account is able to access the content of this folder.

Or

You have an account, that is not the default administrator account, and when the user log on with that account, then he is able to access every user profile folder in document & settings (in this case the adm)

Right-click the My Documents folder, Properties, Sharing tab. Click "Do not share this folder...." Apply.

russellian

You have an account, that is not the default administrator account, and when the user log on with that account, then he is able to access every user profile folder in document & settings (in this case the adm)

Yes, this statement above. Thanks for all help

Under My Documents & Setting folder you will have several folders that represent each user profile respectively.

For ex: Administrator
User1
User2 and so on

If you want to prevent a User1 that is part of the Adm group to access the files in the Administrator folder and User2. Then you can change NTFS permission on the Administrator and User2 Folder.

You can remove the "everyone group" and "the specific user (ex:User1)" from "Groups or user names" under User Profile Properties Windows/Security tab.

Right-click the My Documents & Setting folder, Choose UserProfileFolder, Properties, Security Tab.

Make sure to add/give system with full control and that your account is present.

Another option is to remove the user from the Administrator account, but he wont be able to add/remove software etc..

now pc wiz i know what to do and i didn't really understand what you were telling him what you could do is

start
control panel
system
advanced tab
user profiles and you can edit what they can and cant do.

but i also say right click and go to sharing and disable sharing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online