Hiding IP addresses

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

d2981

how can i hide my IP address, or atleast, show a fake one, or something? any good sites software?

Sorry i couldnt resist...............Theres not much you can do to really hide your ip unless your using a proxy server.
And even then its not totally foolproof....if a site cant see your ip then you couldnt connect to it.

;)

I think what d2981 might be looking for is a firewall. If you run a FW then you will essentially be surfing in 'stealth' mode. This would mean that for someone maliciously trying to gain access to your pc, that they wouldn't know you're there.
If you want a free FW then ZoneAlarm and Sygate have excellent examples.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online