Hiding IP while playing an online Java based game: 'Runescape'

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Darkworld

Hello!

I have recently been trying to find out how to hide my IP while playing an online Java based game: Runescape.

So far I have tried using online website proxies (...that's their name isn't it?) but none have worked: I either have to pay for www.runescape.com or, while browsing from the proxy, wont load the game ( I think a code is downloaded from the net onto my computer during this "loading" and my computer reads that when playing)

Could someone help?

To clarify: I would like to be able to hide my IP (or give a false one) when playing 'Runescape' from www.runescape.com.

Cheers!

Darkworld

Nothing illegal don't worry.

I just want to keep a charachter online for a long time by putting a book on a keyboard key but it may look as if I am macroing because if it does it is an IP ban.

EDIT: BTW yesterday your signature made me join the coders group and I'm trying to learn HTML beyond the very basics I already knew. :)

Tanis

Shane
Although what you are trying to do may not, technically, be illegal. It is still a breach of the the TOS and/or EULA. The fact you want to hide your IP shows you know you shouldn't be doing it :)

The only other reason why I would imagine you would is so someone doesn't know your location (which can be picked up from a public IP address.)

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Jason: The other reason is so if a person is banned by IP address then they can't play unless they have a different password.

we do not assist in helping people tying to bypass this security issue.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I think I'll close this one. There are very few legal reasons for needing to hide your IP address, and this sure doesn't sound like one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online