Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiding Server email address in Outlook 2010

1K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  DaveA 
#1 ·
I have outlook 2010, my own web site address and my server is gmail.com. I have set up gmail to show both to and from addresses as my web address, how do I stop outlook 2010 showing my server address in messages I send. Currently it shows m server address on behalf of my web address, can I make it show only my web address.

#6 ·
When composing the email, which email address is select as being the sending address?

I have several email addresses including Gmail.
I have them entered in my Outlook, and they checked for incoming and can be selected as to which one I want to use when composing an email or reply.

I have been using Outlook since the free 95 version and currently on 365 (2016).
I have never messed with the permissions just selected which address I wished to use.

#8 ·
Then set the "Default" to be me@mydomain,
BUT if you want the default to be used in a replay received by the way of Gmail, then you need to select the me@mydomain as the sending address.

This "on the behalf" message is standard method that is used by most all email services.

#14 ·
Set up BOTH accounts in Outlook, but also turn off the "on behalf of" at Gmail.com.
Once this is done, within Outlook you should be to set the default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.