1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

High consistant/intermitant ping

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Dairko, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dairko

Dairko Thread Starter

I have an unusual problem involving my PC's connection to my WiFi, starting from about a week ago. whilst pinging my router, I will receive several normal 1ms pings (9 or 10 pings of this) and then one 1.9k-3kms ping. I am using windows 10.

I have so far deduced:
    - it is not my router, I have tried using a backup router and get the same effect.
    - it is not my adapter, I have tried using a backup adapter and get the same effect.
    - it does not appear to be interference from other electronics (from what I can tell).
    - no other device on the network has this issue.
    - restarting the PC stops the effect for a seemingly random amount of time until connection to my router stops for several seconds, then reconnects with the high ping issue.

It may be problems regarding my PC, but I'm not sure where to look.

Apologies if I'm hard to understand, don't be shy to ask for clarification.

2. 737Simpilot

737Simpilot Temporarily Banned

3. Dairko

Dairko Thread Starter

Howdy, Simpilot.

I will attempt these things the next time it occurs and get back to you when I have done so.

I don't have an antivirus program as I try and be careful with my browsing habits, but I do have Windows Defender active and I will try disabling it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1207606

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice