Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

High cpu usage and no gpu usage in cod

2K views 44 replies 5 participants last post by  Jimmy1999 
#1 ·
When I play black ops Cold War, my pc is using like 70-90% of my cpu and only 10-15 of gpu. I have a i7-10700f and a GTx1660ti, it causes lag spikes and frame drops even on low settings

#2 · (Edited)
We need more information about your gaming computer, so please do the following in it:

Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your gaming computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

-------------------------------------------------

These are the performance ratings and power usages for your gaming computer's processor(CPU) and graphics card(GPU).

cpu.JPG
gpu.JPG

(click on each image to enlarge and view)

#3 ·
We need more information about your gaming computer, so please do the following in it:

Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your gaming computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

These are the performance ratings and power usages for your gaming computer's processor(CPU) and graphics card(GPU).

View attachment 285702 View attachment 285703
(click on each image to enlarge and view)

I don't enjoy downloading new things I don't know, what info can I get you without it

#4 ·
The tool provides information about a computer's description and hardware and operating system.
It's very useful to the people here who try to provide help to a person (like you) who's requesting it.
It's used here numerous times every day and doesn't divulge any personal or sensitive information.

#13 ·
You link does not include exact specs ie exact motherboard, exact ram, etc. 16gig of ram does not tell us much however 2x8 of corsair xxx123 would tell us a lot more.
Pre-built gaming computers very often come with specs like the following; a decent processor, a low end motherboard, a no name pw supply and a case with a LOT of lights.
Either run the utility for detailed specs OR open the case and look however your link is pretty much useless.

#19 ·
You link does not include exact specs ie exact motherboard, exact ram, etc. 16gig of ram does not tell us much however 2x8 of corsair xxx123 would tell us a lot more.
Pre-built gaming computers very often come with specs like the following; a decent processor, a low end motherboard, a no name pw supply and a case with a LOT of lights.
Either run the utility for detailed specs OR open the case and look however your link is pretty much useless.
Green Light Electronic instrument Hood Entertainment
Electronic instrument Font Electric blue Circle signaling device
Green Circuit component Hardware programmer Computer hardware Electronic component
Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gadget Font Computer hardware

This is the codes I could access

#17 ·
i ran the program,
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210223151900.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 165 Stepping 5, CPU Count: 16
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 476 GB (127 GB Free); D: 931 GB (779 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF GAMING B460M-PLUS AC, ver Rev 1.xx, s/n 201177762700650
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

#21 · (Edited)
There are a number of bios updates that address performance however before doing that, find out what temp your video card is running when under a load. Here is a link to gpuz;
GPU-Z Graphics Card GPU Information Utility (techpowerup.com)
Download and install or [I think] it can be run as a portable program. This will include a benchmarking program to test your video card. Post the temps here.
In addition, monitor your voltages. Specifically 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Do this while running some type of stress test ie prime95 or OCCT. Post the results here.

#35 ·
Since this is a prebuilt unit, you will not have the motherboard monitoring program. Use something hwmonitor 64 to monitor temps and voltages. The stress test OCCT also has a monitor built in; you can use that as well.

#38 ·
Your processor is getting pretty warm however still within limits. If you want to invest in better cooling, it would not hurt however probably not causing your problem.
Is this performance problem just in this one game OR do you have the same problem in other games?

#39 ·
I see in the pictures it was low. After gaming for about 5 minutes tho it starts to regulate at around 77-85. It can sometimes cause a frame drop I think but I'm mostly concerned about burning up my pc. I just got it. Trying to start streaming. It does occur in other games, such as ark and modern warfare warzone, also tried it in Minecraft and it went high.

#45 ·
I've ran some test and spoke with Best Buy today. It seems as though my cpu isn't even under full load hitting between 75-90 during cod, though when playing things like dirt 5, ark survival evolved, or anything else for that matter. It stays at a reasonable 60-70 degrees. I should add that it is getting hot when playing Minecraft. Also it stays under 75 on full load test like intelburntest and using video editing software while encoding 4K video. I tried taking the side panel off with no change. Also ran a gpu test and turned the fans on my gpu down thinking it may be heat from that making it hot and it didn't work. I still haven't figured out the issue. I would figure in games like ark survival evolved or no mans sky at max settings would bump it up. The usage is still low when on call of duty, just the temperatures are running extremely hot.

#44 ·
I’ve ran some test and spoke with Best Buy today. It seems as though my cpu isn’t even under full load hitting between 75-90 during cod, though when playing things like dirt 5, ark survival evolved, or anything else for that matter. It stays at a reasonable 60-70 degrees. I should add that it is getting hot when playing Minecraft. Also it stays under 75 on full load test like intelburntest and using video editing software while encoding 4K video. I tried taking the side panel off with no change. Also ran a gpu test and turned the fans on my gpu down thinking it may be heat from that making it hot and it didn’t work. I still haven’t figured out the issue. I would figure in games like ark survival evolved or no mans sky at max settings would bump it up. The usage is still low when on call of duty, just the temperatures are running extremely hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.