High CPU Usage

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sparta1234

So my computer has VERY high CPU usage (100% most of the time) and I have no programs open myself. I can go into task manager and "End Process" some of them and that helped drop it down to between 40-60%. But I can't for the life of me get it lower or figure out why. It crashes me when I play games on it (alot), and other times as well. I use my laptop for mostly gaming (granted its not the best and its kind of out dated) but the CPU usage thing still should not be an issue just because it is "out dated". Someone PLEASE help me fix my computer so I can once again enjoy my time on it.
Thank you.

Hello,

I am curious to know what kind of operating system are you running? this plays a factor in the usage of the computer and also if it runs slow. If you run task manager, and click on the processess tab, you can view everything thats taking up memory and usage on your pc. Also, the fact you mentioned your using a old and outdated laptop; you might consider upgrading certain components to enhance the performance.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Download and save the

TSG System Information Utility

After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.

Information about your computer will appear.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the entire text here.

-------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online