1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

High CPU Use - Toshiba Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ErnDL, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErnDL

ErnDL Thread Starter

Hello and thanks for reading. I am having a problem with my laptop that started a bit over a week ago. The CPU usage is very high, most of the time. I have tried a variety of things from updates to Windows and drivers, to security scans from various programs, yet the problem remains.

Basic info:
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6570 @ 2.10GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1912 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 828 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 230364 MB, Free - 114501 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NBWAA
    Antivirus: None

I uninstalled MSE earlier to see if that was the cause, but it was not, hence no antivirus protection.

Additionally, I installed Process Explorer to have a better idea of the cause. A large part that takes up much of the CPU is the svchost.exe-taskeng.exe-NDSTray.exe-CFSwMgr.exe process.

I can easily post a HiJack this log or screen caps of Task Manager or Process Explorer, if this helps you analyze the issue.

Once again, thanks for reading. I look forward to solving this with your help :)

2. haycg

haycg

You can try what Microsoft calls a Clean Boot
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796
    At this Address you will find the instruction.

You can also go to Start - Run - msconfig - OK
    To stop some processes from starting.
    Anyway try the Clean Boot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice