High CPU Use - Toshiba Laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ErnDL

Hello and thanks for reading. I am having a problem with my laptop that started a bit over a week ago. The CPU usage is very high, most of the time. I have tried a variety of things from updates to Windows and drivers, to security scans from various programs, yet the problem remains.

Basic info:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6570 @ 2.10GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1912 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 828 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 230364 MB, Free - 114501 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NBWAA
Antivirus: None

I uninstalled MSE earlier to see if that was the cause, but it was not, hence no antivirus protection.

Additionally, I installed Process Explorer to have a better idea of the cause. A large part that takes up much of the CPU is the svchost.exe-taskeng.exe-NDSTray.exe-CFSwMgr.exe process.

I can easily post a HiJack this log or screen caps of Task Manager or Process Explorer, if this helps you analyze the issue.

Once again, thanks for reading. I look forward to solving this with your help :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online