High CPU when playing games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MrVince24

Got a computer a few months ago everything was running fine but a few days ago I noticed that the games I'm running are dropping a lot on frames, when I had a look on task manager the CPU is up to about 80-90% whenever I play and I'm not sure why?

What are the specs of your computer?

Is it a laptop?

Have you updated anything?

We need a little more information :)

MrVince24

Oh sorry I've put them below

Processor AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six Core 3.50GHz
16gb Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb

It's a computer and nothing updated, I've had a look at the drivers etc. but they're all up to date

Thanks,

When you bring up tasks manager and see that the processor is running at 80-90%. What does it say is using the majority of the processor?

MrVince24

If I'm not running anything (like games) it's fine but as soon as I start running a game it shoots up and that's what takes up the majority

Have you checked the CPU temps while playing? CPU may be throttling if it's too warm.

Sorry for all the questions :)

i have a similar computer and question sort of, mine is way to hot and i have 2 games on it, its 2 weeks old and feels like its gonna melt I have the lenovo legion y530 with the 8th gen i7 and gtx 1050ti 6gb 16gb ram

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts