1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

high definition audio controller missing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by granerboob, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. granerboob

granerboob Thread Starter

I have had to re-install my windows 7 home after it froze up on me several times. I then changed to windows 7 ultimate but still have the same problem minus the freezing. "NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED" I have done all that I can think of including re-installing drivers checking with tech reports from others and so on all I find is for vista or XP. In the device manager I have an exclamation point on "HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CONTROLLER" and the red X on the speaker symbol in the system tray. I've tried everything I can find to no avail. Is there anyone who can help??? Also my USB ports no longer work as well.
    My Toshiba is model L505D-LS5007

2. Sponsor

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

If it is the Toshiba L505 in your profile, we need the full model number including dash number after L505.

Also please edit you post to remove the email address so you don't start getting spam.

4. granerboob

I did the editing as requested.

5. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

6. granerboob

I tried this page in the past and again today. didn't work. I tried most of the downloads, I un-installed drivers and re-installed them still nothing. in device manager it still has exclamation point on high definition audio controller and the speaker has red X and says no audio output device installed. but there is. any other ideas please??

7. granerboob

also no USB still either

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!