1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

high end hardware slow speed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gamerdude23, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gamerdude23

gamerdude23 Thread Starter

Hi I built the following (trying to be detailed as I can)
    intel q6700 (2.66 ghz quad core)
    dg33tl motherboard
    seagate 500.11 hard drive (500 gb)
    Kingston hyperX (2x2gb ram pc6400)
    nvidia 8800 gt ultra
    generic tv tuner (never used)
    apevia explorer case
    850 watt power supply
    sony blu ray rom drive (bdu-x10s)
    cd/dvd burner (tsstcorp SH-s223f)
    with vista 64 bit home premium
    It was built a year ago, very fast and what not.
    However I added a 1.5 tb seagate internal sata drive and 2x2gb hyperX memory (same as before not totaling 8gb)
    The boot up is really slow, it takes over two minutes (before it booted in the area of a half of a minute, further more if i play a video (non hd just a regular clip from a camcorder or itunes video) and open the internet explorer and browse the video skips.
    I am not sure as to why this is happening, I have not changed any of hte boot settings, the bios says it boots in raid, but the drives are not set up in raid. (Not sure if its supposed to ide or achi)
    Any advice is greately appreciated.
    Thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/832428