high order bits

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marsh714

kinda confused, I am reading a chapter on IP classifications and it mentions the high order bits. For example it says that Class A is used for very large networks only. The HIGH ORDER BIT in a Class A network is always zero. What are they referring to when they say high order bit? Just need some clarification, if I can get it.

marsh714

Thanks Monk, the link is very much appreciated. I have already figure out that it related to on and off bits and the binary counting scheme. but this site will serve me well later on down the line. I am starting to study for my MCSE cert, and I have not been to school in a while. Just had to brush up on a few things. thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online