1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

High packet rates disconnecting me

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Haplo, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haplo

Haplo Thread Starter

Hey, I'm Haplo, I'm new, and I have a problem.

I'm on a DSL Local Area Connection with two other computers, and for some reason, whenever I turn on my computer, open my account and use the Internet (by that I mean internet is enabled and the cable is plugged in), I experience a very high packet sending rate, even though I'm not doing anything: My browsers are closed and MSN is turned off. This number is as high as 700 packets a second, and it's always at least twice the amount of packets received. At first this doesn't affect me, but eventually my internet mysteriously 'disconnects'. It still reads as Connected, but my browser won't load pages and IRC disconnects. When this starts my connection loads, then disconnects again for a while until eventually, it won't load at all. After this happens, any music, movies or games I play stutter at times and it disturbs me. The only way I can get my Internet to work normally is by running my computer through Safe Mode with Networking enabled. The fact that I'm sending so much information whilst my connection is completely idle is suspicious.
    Please help me, I beseech you.
    Haplo

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice