1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"high performance" mode is laggy when running on battery

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by [helix], Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [helix]

[helix] Thread Starter

Hello,

Whenever I run my computer plugged into power, it runs perfectly as expected. But as soon as I unplug the computer, its performance dramatically decreases. This is extremely noticeable in games.

I have ensured it is on the "High Performance" mode, and have checked the advanced settings for this mode to ensure that it is the same for both battery and plugged-in.

My graphics card provides no options for its operation in battery mode, so I am now stumped.

I don't have anything running either, my anti-virus is disabled and I am running only system critical processes (apart from the application/game that is running ever so laggy).

My graphics driver is the latest MobileForce driver (since nVidia hasn't released one for my card in Vista...). It works excellently when plugged in.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/603440

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice