1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

High Ping While Gaming And Twitch Streaming With New Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by DylanD1440, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DylanD1440

DylanD1440 Thread Starter

Before I had purchased a new router, due to it losing internet every 2-4 hours, I had a stable ping of about 30, and when streaming, it would be 50~. I have recently bought a Netgear "Nighthawk" AC1900, and ever since my ping has been on an unstable 60-80, and while streaming has been 120+. My download speed is usually 100+ mbps and my upload speed is around 8 mbps. I have read that my ISP (Suddenlink) might be the problem, but I am just dumbfounded. Any help is much appreciated.

Trace Route:http://pastebin.com/9RBDXfYu
    The trace route IP is from a game of CSGO

I tried contacting NetGear Support, but the poor lady didn't know what she was doing, and kept me running in circles over and over again. The only thing she suggested was to take it back and get a new one.

I've tried Reddit, which only made other people dumbfounded about my situation, and just stated that on my Trace route, node 9 looks weird.

I've tried so many different sites, and none have given me the definitive answer I am so desperately needing.

If this doesn't work, I'll contact my ISP and see what's going on over there.

My location is West Virginia

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185995

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice