High pitched buzzing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

smackeh

Hi, I'm getting a ridiculously annoying high pitched buzzing coming from my speakers. The buzzing seems to mimic how hard the hard drive is working at the moment. I'm prety sure its not the speakers because i get the same sound if i plug headphones into the slot, but I'm pretty sure its not the built in sound card either because I still get the buzz (although not as loud but still annoyingly audible) from my other USB sound card.

I use an MSI K7N2g Nforce 2, and my harddrive is a 160gb hitachi (cant remember exact modeL)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sounds like the speakers may need to be shielded or you need a new set of speakers. Could be the EMF noise is originating from inside the PC as well if the sound card components are not shielded well enough.

smackeh

I'm pretty sure its not the speakers because these are brand new studio monitors, as well as the fact that I turned them off and plugged headphones directly into the computer output jack and still got the buzzing. But how might I be able to diagnose the EMF noises?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online