1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

High pitched sound from speakers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by msonberg, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. msonberg

msonberg Thread Starter

Hey, I'm getting some sort of feedback from my speakers. It seems to only happen when there is no music/sound playing. Where does this come from? Is my sound card picking up feedback from moving parts inside the box? Is there a conflict with the onboard sound device (if so, how do I disable this or even check to see which one is "running the show")?

Things I did since the last time I can remember not hearing feedback:

Upgraded motherboard ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
    Added wireless headphones (nice ones from Sony - about $180 - but not sure of the model)
    Upgraded to WinXP Pro from 2000

Anyone out there have ANY ideas?

2. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Unplug the headphones and see if that helps. The speakers in the ear pieces can act like a microphone ;)

3. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

It could also be your microphone. If it is aimed toward either of the speakers, you get a feedback squeal.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

In the sound properties, you might try setting the mic to muted.

5. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

I just realized how dumb that sounds, I mean where else would the speakers be but in the ear pieces :p

I need some caffeine... :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice