1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved High pitched sound on all sound i input?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by WadeDash, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WadeDash

WadeDash Thread Starter

Ok, so around Christmas of 2015 i had my graphics card die on me and in a mixture of me not understanding that it was the graphics card that was dying and being slightly frustrated i shut my computer down by pulling the plug. This resulted in an almost useless PC as i guess i interrupted something important. I spent countless hours reviving the computer and finally saved it by rebooting the BIOS through a USB-flash drive. However i've had a tiny but annoying problem since then. All sound i record or input (skype, discord and other chatting sites) is now high pitched and the overall recording sound is generally bad. How did this happen? Was there something wrong with the BIOS is loaded? Can i have damaged the internal sound card in the motherboard while tinkering in the machine, might there be anything wrong with my drivers or is it some other issue?

I should say i have a stationary PC with Windows 10 and the BIOS version i now run is: American Megatrends Inc. 1203, 24.05.2012. I am also terrified to go back into the BIOS in case i ruin the PC again so i hope there is an easier solution. Thank you in advance to every helping hand!

2. ZuhairChicago

ZuhairChicago

Wow... quiet a story there.
    Have you tried removing the dead graphics card and if you happen to have a sound card, try removing it and re installing it ? That's what I would do first as its a result of brute force damage...lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1181114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice