1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

high pitched whistle from speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tsietisin, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tsietisin

Tsietisin Thread Starter

Hi there, hopefully someone can help. So far I have not been able to diagnose the problem, maybe someone out there can.

even at the lowest volumes, i have a high pitched whistle coming from my speakers. As you can probably imagine this is highly annoying.

so in my attempt to find out what could be the problem i have changed the following components.

Processor, Power supply, Sounds card, Speakers, Video Card, Memory, Operating system, Network card, Cable modem, DVD-RR, heyboard, mouse and Heatsink

so, apart from the HDD, I have changed everything inside this machine and its effectively another machine entirely and its still whistling.

Ive tried muting various inputs (and all of them) but the whistle remains. The only time it goes away is when i mute the speakers.

any ideas at all?

2. Rockn

Rockn

Is the sound card on the motherboard or a separate card?

3. Tsietisin

Tsietisin Thread Starter

i was using a seperate card, now im using on board

Tsi

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Go to the manufacturer's website and make sure you have the latest/correct drivers. Also make sure you completely remove the old soundcard drivers and disable it in the BIOS. Try removeing the old drivers in Safe Mode.

Also you can try the soundcard in another computer to rule it out as broken.

5. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

no it happened to my speakers 2

u maybe plugged the wires in wrong..lol

thats what i did wrong it does that if its plugged in wrong

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice