1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr_Scumbag, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr_Scumbag

Mr_Scumbag Thread Starter

Back before I re-installed Windows 7, I would get this message whenever I plugged my Ipod in: "hi speed USB device attached to a non hi speed hub" and synching would take an absolute age. The funny thing though is that my PC is high speed USB capable. I ignored it for ages until I recently re-installed Windows. Voila! my problem was solved and when I plugged in my Ipod, all was good. I got no message and synching was as fast as it should be.

Until now.

I just plugged my Android phone in, and Windows said it couldn't find drivers for it, so I set it to automatically find them, which it did. As soon as it registered my phone, I got the dreaded "hi speed USB device attached to a non hi speed hub". Now when I plug my Ipod in, I'm getting that message again and synching has gone back to a snails pace. I went back and changed the "Automatically find drivers" back to the default setting it was on, but that has changed nothing.

What's up here, and how do I fix it? I'm using the same USB port the whole time and my PC is clearly capable of utilizing high speed, it just seems that plugging in my phone has done something to screw it all up. Any help would be MUCH appreciated as it will save me running off to work in the morning without my new podcasts cause synching is too slow.

Operating system is Windows 7 32bit. It doesn't seem to be a hardware problem, so I'll hold off on listing all of my specs unless something thinks it's important. Thanks!

2. Specter512

Specter512

Is this a custom build or a store bought PC? Have you tried updating the Chipset / USB drivers?

If that doesn't work try going to Device Manager and Uninstalling the USB drivers (Windows will automatically Re install)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1018818