1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

High system temps - help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by defscarlett, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. defscarlett

defscarlett Thread Starter

Just finished a new build and I'm having some issues with temps inside.

My CPU temp is reading in the high 30*F's and when stressed it's reading low 50*F's. My system temperature is reading steady in the high 80*F's (this is with the side of the case off, it get's higher when the case is all the way put together) It's not fluctuating at all. There should be plenty of airflow, why would I get such I high system temp?

AMD A6-5400K Trinity APU
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113282

BIOSTAR TA75MH2 MB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138367

ROSEWILL P363-M-BK Case W/400W PSU
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147099

I've tried swapping out the PSU with my personal 700W PSU and it lowered the temp about 5*F, but still reading high.

2. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

Rosewill power supplies are just junk and should not be used. I'm a little confused by your temps. You state when stressed it's reading low 50*F's. Do you mean low 50c? Are you reading the temps in fahrenheit or celsius?

3. defscarlett

It's Fahrenheit keep in mind I'm not stressing it that hard, the most intense gaming this pc will ever get is Facebook games. It's a build for my MIL

4. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

50f in celsius is 10 so what are you using to read those temps cause no cpu on earth runs at 10c. Go into your BIOS and check the temps there.

5. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Agreed, double check your temps and what are you using to check those temps as the values you have given us are very low.

I would recommend HWMonitor.

6. defscarlett

here's the temps from HWMonitor.

The above temps were for a temp monitor program that came with the processor. The temps were in farenheit, but obviously something was awry that's why I came here. To be honest I'm not sure how to read the HWMonitor readings so some help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

7. prunejuice

prunejuice

Skip that. Use this:

http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

...and follow setup directions closely.

It's the preferred monitoring program of enthusiasts.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Looks like BIOSTAR may not have correctly implemented some sensors or HW Monitor is incorrectly reading some temps and voltages incorrectly. BIOSTAR has their own utility which you can download from here: http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=614#dl Or check the temps in the BIOS, on cheaper baords teh sensors tend to be implemented very poorly, most of the readings from HW Monitor are extremely off.

Computer temps are generally done in Celsius though.

9. defscarlett

The biostar program is the one I was using originally

10. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

Realtemp only works for Intel processors. Use core temp for Amd processors.

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well if it shows 80 Fahrenheit which converts to 26.7 Celsius then your temps are in fact really good. However since 30F is below freezing and I assume you do not have the computer in a refridgerator then I would guess that even it is showing incorrect readings. Unless the readings are in Celsius and not Fahrenheit which would make the readings actually make sense.

Make sure your BIOS is the latest version, this ma have been fixed in a previous release or maybe the BIOS doesn't fully support the processor and needs to be updated; doing that may result in correct temp readings for that processor.

12. defscarlett

Ok found it all in the BIOS

PWM Processor Hot [Enabled]
    Shutdown Temperature [Disabled]

CPU Temperature on boot started at 16C by the time I was done it was at 24C
    System Temperature 26C
    CPU Fan Speed 1757 RPM
    System Fan1 2335 RPM
    APU-Core Voltage +1.440
    DRAM Voltage +1.608
    +12V +12.044
    +5V +5.143
    FCH Voltage +1.116

13. defscarlett

I was more worried about the difference between the CPU temp and the system temp in the original readings

14. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There we go, those actually look reasonable and have a chance of being correct. Even the voltages are listed correctly. The CPU temp still looks a little low but if your room temperature is low then these processors can idle at pretty low temps. And the 26C system temp is really good too.

15. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

If Cool and Quiet is enabled then 27c is correct. My Phenom II X4 is at 26c as I type this with Cool and Quiet enabled.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice